The Building Department ensures that all new buildings and renovations meet applicable building codes as well as local ordinances. Plans are checked by experts in different fields before any building permit is issued. Construction sites are inspected regularly during the building process, and a thorough inspection is made before a Certificate of Occupancy is granted.
The Building Department is staffed by six full-time employees. Questions about the Building Department may be directed to the Building Official at (561) 278-4540.
Building Department Contact Information
Carol Holland email@example.com
Admin Assistant/Permit Specialist
Admin Assistant/Permit Specialist
Code Enforcement Officer
All new submittals & revisions MUST be submitted online using the below link to the Building Department Online Portal.
Any further questions please contact the Building Department at 561-278-4540.
2021 Construction Hours
Per the Town's Code of Ordinances Section 12-6, Hours of construction, construction is prohibited on weekdays before 8:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m., on Saturdays before 9:00 a.m. or after 3:00 p.m., on Sundays and the following holidays:
New Year's Day
Construction activities on Saturdays that are not a holiday listed above are subject to each of the following restrictions:
(1) The construction activity shall not involve the use or operation of tools or equipment, in any fashion, that creates a noise disturbance across the property line of the permitted job site. For the purposes of this subsection," noise disturbance" shall be defined as any noise, sound, vibration or signal which unreasonably disturbs the comfort, peace or repose of any person.
(2) The following activities are strictly prohibited:
- The placement and/ or cleaning or removal of dumpsters or portable restrooms;
- The large- scale delivery of construction materials requiring unloading by a forklift or similar mechanical equipment;
- Concrete deliveries and concrete pumping;
- The use of dump trucks, backhoes, bulldozers, cranes and similar equipment;
- The use of compressors, generators, nail guns and similar equipment;
- Jack-hammering and hammer-drilling into concrete or a similar surface; and
- Any other construction activity creating a noise disturbance.
Building Department Forms and Documents
As of January 22, 2019, the Building Department will not accept the Town of Highland Beach permit application and will only accept Palm Beach County's Universal Application. Forms are available to download below.
Addendum to Permit Application for Fences, Walls and Gates
Air Conditioning Replacement Form
Asbestos and Lead Paint Notification Statement
Authorized Agent Affidavit for Building Permits
Authorized Agent Affidavit for Development Order Applications
Building Permit Application
Building Recertification Ordinance
Change of Contractor
Change of Sub Contractor
Change Order Form 701
Comprehensive Plan - Adopted April 2021
Contractor Registration Form (Town of Highland Beach ONLY)
Contractor Registration Form (Gulf Stream ONLY)
Construction Site Management Handbook
Development Order Application Packet
Do You Need a Building Permit?
Early Power Release Request Form
Expired Permit Form
Electronic Document Submittal Standards
Fee Schedule Effective October 2022
Floating Vessel Platform/Boat Lift Exemption Certification Application
Gulf Stream Window and Door Affidavit
Highland Beach Official Zoning Map
Highland Beach Amendment to the 7th Ed. of Florida Building Code
Notice of Commencement
Owner Builder Disclosure Statement
Payment of Permit Application Fees
Permit Application General Checklist
Portable Storage Unit Application
Residential Swimming Pool Safety Affidavit
Special Inspector Form
Vacation Rentals Registration Form
Variance Application for Board of Adjustment & Appeals
Water Heater Change-Out Form
Window/Door Buck Affidavit
Zoning Verification Letter Application