Building Department


Judson Dulany
Certified Building Official

Cap Government

(561) 278-4540 (561) 278-2606

The Building Department ensures that all new buildings and renovations meet applicable building codes as well as local ordinances. Plans are checked by experts in different fields before any building permit is issued. Construction sites are inspected regularly during the building process, and a thorough inspection is made before a Certificate of Occupancy is granted.

The Building Department is staffed by three full-time employees. Questions about the Building Department may be directed to the Building Official at (561) 278-4540.

Contact Information:
Carol Holland
Office Manager

Daphne Fernandez
Administrative Assistant/Permit Specialist



3616 S. Ocean Blvd.
Highland Beach, FL 33487
Phone #:
(561) 278-4540
Fax #:
(561) 278-2606
Hours of Operation
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Monday - Friday


Building Dept. F.A.Q

Where do I file the Contractors Registration Application?

Applications for Contractors Registration may be submitted to the building department by mail or in person.

Where do I file for a permit for the Town of Highland Beach?

Application for permits may be submitted by mail or in person 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Office located at 3616 South Ocean Blvd., (561) 278-4540.

Where can I get an inspection result?

Inspection results are not available online. You may call the Building Department at (561) 278-4540.

As a Contractor, what do I need to perform work in Highland Beach?

Contractors are required to have a Certificate of Competency (License) for the type of work they will be performing. The Town registers each contractor.

Do I need a Building Permit?

Any owner, authorized agent, or contractor who desires to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy or occupant content of a building or structure, or any outside area being used as part of the building’s designated occupancy (single or mixed) or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by the technical codes, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit for the work.

Building Permit Application
Do You Need a Building Permit