July 31, 2020
As you know Tropical Storm Isaias was now upgraded overnight to Hurricane Isaias and forecasts show Palm Beach County still in the edge of the cone of error. Any storm preparations you are doing should be taking place now.
11:00 a.m. weather update from the State Division of Emergency Management is:
- Isaias poses a direct threat to Florida starting as early as tonight, but more likely beginning Saturday morning.
- Hurricane Watch: Brevard, Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, and coastal Palm Beach
- Tropical Storm Warning: Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, coastal Palm Beach, coastal Broward, coastal Miami-Dade
- Tropical Storm Watch: inland Palm Beach, inland Broward, metro Miami-Dade
- Heavy rainfall of 3-4” with localized totals possibly double that will be possible across the East Coast, dependent on the storm track.
- Wind gusts from 40-65 mph are generally forecast in the warnings area, with gusts to 75 mph possible.
The Town staff is prepared for storm conditions as well varying our responses dependent on the track of Isaias.
The Town will keep you informed and updated on any matters related to Town operations. You should always stay informed on storm conditions through reliable local and national media, weather centers and the county emergency operations information sources to stay updated on storms.
Have a Plan & Be Prepared!