June 26, 2020
As we are seeing the increase in COVID-19 cases around the world, country, state and particularly Palm Beach County, it is extremely important that we as residents remain vigilant in wearing masks in public places, strictly adhering to social distancing guidelines and continuously practicing personal protection measures such as hand washing, avoid touching eyes and mouth, and disinfecting commonly touched surfaces. We all need to abide by the orders imposed to protect individual and community public health. Now, more than ever, we as a community must do what we can to mitigate the spread of this virus.
We strongly urge all residents to adhere to CDC guidelines and take the necessary precautions such as:
- Older adults and people who have sever underlying medical conditions should stay home and/or only go out for necessities.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- When soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes and immediately wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other people.
- If you cannot maintain social distancing, wear a face covering.
- Wear a face covering when out in public places such as grocery stores.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, daily.
- Be alert for symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- If you are feeling sick, stay home except to get medical care.
Thank you to the residents that have and are remaining compliant with the executive orders, being courteous to your neighbors on A1A, practicing social distancing and putting personal protection measures in place that will help protect and preserve our unique sense of place here in paradise.
I can do it. You can do it. We can do it. Together we will do it.